Please read this document, and ask questions if you are unclear or unsure of its content.
Why do we collect Personal Information?
As we at Dare HR assist you in finding work, we ask you for certain pieces of information in order for us to provide the best and most efficient service to you. Your file may include any or all of the following pieces of information:
We use this information to:
We only disclose information as required for your particular needs.
Your personal information is only used for Dare HR and affiliates for the expressed purposes of finding you work, or as required to meet legal and regulatory investigative requirements, for example to comply with a court order or government regulations.
In accordance with Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Dare HR is in compliance with all ten of the privacy principles addressing the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. In addition, we comply with the right of individuals to have access to their own personal information, have that information corrected if appropriate, and provide recourse through contacting our Privacy Officer in writing should there be a complaint or misunderstanding regarding an individual's personal information.
1. Accountability – Dare HR has designated Dina Fox as Privacy Officer, and Alison Shipley as alternate. These individuals are responsible for Dare HR's compliance with the 10 principles. Should you have a question or concern, please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Dare HR conducts a yearly, thorough privacy audit to ensure that we are in accord with all privacy principles.
2. Identifying Purposes – The reason for needing your personal information is to assist you in obtaining security clearance levels, to match your profile and skills with our client demand and to provide payment for your services. If you have specific questions about why a particular piece of information is needed, please contact our Privacy Officer.
3. Consent – We require your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information. Please be sure to sign the consent portion of your Dare HR registration forms, or your file will not be considered for client referral.
4. Limiting Collection – All information collected will be done by fair, transparent and lawful means. We will not collect any information which is not expressly required for the purposes identified above (#2).
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention – We will not use or disclose any personal information for purposes other than those identified above (#2). There may be instances where your personal information is required for legal reasons or government investigations outside of our control. If that is the case, we will have to comply with the formal request and provide only that information which is required by law. Your information is retained as long as you are using our services, or longer if required by law.
6. Accuracy – We will strive to maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date records. We ask that you provide us with up to date information, and write to us to let us know of any changes (information which is incomplete, inaccurate or no longer relevant). It is also in your best interest to keep us informed in writing with any new experiences you have which will help to keep your personal information up to date.
7. Safeguards – Dare HR has staff policies and procedures in place to ensure that all of your personal information is secure. We have locked filing cabinets and offices to keep our paper records secure; and passwords, firewalls and internet security systems to keep our electronic records safe. No personal information is left exposed and unattended at any time during or after office hours. Building cleaning staff are bonded. Access to electronic and paper files is limited to those authorized people who need to have access to those records, and not to everyone. We shred any sensitive information before disposing of it. Dare HR employee training on the importance of privacy and security is undertaken regularly with continuous improvement processes welcomed.
8. Openness – You are welcome at anytime to clarify processes and procedures regarding your personal information kept at Dare HR. Please contact Dare HR's Privacy Officer in writing with any questions or concerns.
9. Individual Access – Upon written request to Dare HR's Privacy Officer, you will be given access to your personal information at which time, you may have amendments for inaccuracies or updates recorded.
10. Challenging Compliance – Dare HR takes full responsibility for the management and confidentiality of the personal information we collect about you. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
|Copyright © 2004 Dare Human Resources Corporation|