Government and Military
DARE HUMAN RESOURCES CORPORATION
OTTAWA, TORONTO, MONTREAL, DUBAI
For over 21 years, the professionals at Dare Human Resources Corporation deliver a complete suite of Integrated Human Capital Management (HCM) Services to meet the needs of our various public and private sector clients. DareHR clients reap the rewards of our personal service approach and deep experience in Permanent Recruitment, Executive Search, Flexible Staffing, IT Contracting and our full range of HR Consulting and Business Growth Solutions.From our base in Ottawa, we are conducting searches that cover the spectrum from senior executive through middle management, our consultants draw on their own personal experience in the fields they service to provide informed and innovative resources within their specific areas of expertise.
|LEVEL 2 HELP DESK AGENTS IM/IT
Title: LEVEL 2 HELP DESK AGENTS IM/IT
Security clearance: Secret
Travel Required: No
Years Experience: 3
Start Date: immediate
Employer Type: Public Sector
IT HELP DESK AGENTS - LEVEL 2
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT) is expanding its IT Service Management strategy (based on the ITIL V3 Service Lifecycle Framework).
Information Management and Technology Service Desk Support Specialist
The requirement is for client-focused persons who can provide telephone, remote access and desktop support for our clients based in the NCR. There is a growing requirement to provide telephone and remote access/support for our clients at our points of presence throughout the world.
- The IM/IT HELP Centre provides 24 hr / 7 days a week coverage. Resources must be willing to work evening, night and weekend shifts, as well as overtime if required.
- Although most resources will be required during the day shift, shifts are rotating and all agents are expected to work evenings, night and/or weekend shifts when the rotation comes to them.
- Resources MUST be available to work any shift, as required and as per a rotating schedule
- The weekly schedule is made up of three daily shifts for every day of the week, including weekends and statutory holidays and broken down as follows :
- day shift : 08:00 – 16:00 (some flexibility as we stagger some resources)
- evening shift : 16:00 – 24:00
- night shift : 00:00 – 08:00
Contractor responsibilities may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents are responsible for complex information management and information technology (IM/IT) problem troubleshooting, resolution and escalation as they pertain to the ministry's global IM/IT infrastructure and its respective software and hardware. This would include the ministry's standard and secure networks. DFAIT’s IM/IT infrastructure comprises of thousands of workstations and clients at more than 190 locations worldwide;
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents are expected to be at work, on time, and to complete a full shift.
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents are expected to be able to Troubleshoot and document hardware and software related problems associated with both classified and un-classified DFAIT networks as well as Administration and maintenance of RSA secure ID tokens and client accounts;
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents are expected to be able to troubleshoot and document hardware and software related problems associated with various departmental mobility tools such as laptops, remote connections/network access, and virtual private networks;
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents are expected to possess very strong client service and client relations skills as the workload can be heavy and clients are often faced with difficult and very limiting situations. These need to be treated with the utmost courtesy, understanding and efficiency;
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents are expected to have strong knowledge of and be able to provide support for Blackberries;
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents are expected to have strong knowledge of and be able to provide support for office automation tools such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook;
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents are expected to have extensive knowledge and experience in providing support using automated Call Centre distribution software such as “ICE” the Computer Talk call management system;
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents are responsible for client incidents and requests for assistance received by telephone, e-mail, website or other means and for entering the information related to these incidents/requests into the departmental incident and problem tracking systems (BMC Remedy).
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents are expected to escalate incidents and problems following standard procedures and protocols.
- IM/IT Service Desk Agents must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in both official languages.
(3) years experience, within the past 6 years, with hardware and software support and troubleshooting in a Windows based LAN
(3) years experience, within the past 6 years, coaching and advising users in the use of commercial software.
(3) years experience, within the past 6 years, answering, troubleshooting and logging trouble calls regarding computer software or, hardware or networks.
Is available and willing to work on a rotating 24/7 schedule.
(3) years experience, within the past 6 years, using Remedy or other problem tracking/asset management software.
(3) years experience, within the past 6 years, supporting a large network with greater than 500 workstations at more than one (1) location
(2) years experience, within the past 6 years, supporting a government classified network at the secret level.
Has two (2) years experience, within the past 6 years, using desktop remote access software. (IE Remote assistance and Remote Desktop)Has a two (2) year certificate/diploma/degree in computer Science or an IT related field from a recognized post-secondary institution (vendor specific certification will not be accepted, i.e., CCNA, MCSE).
*a copy must be provided.
Must have a valid Secret security clearance
Successful experience supporting office automation tools in Microsoft products. (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook)
Successful experience with BlackBerry configuration, troubleshooting and support.Successfully completed tasks in an IM/IT related assignment, within the past 6 years, within a Government of Canada department/agency.
(confirmation of successful completion of past assignments may be required by way of reference; performance reference may be requested; a poor past performance reference will result in the resource being non-compliant)
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your resume online